mercredi 1 juillet 2009

Ahhh, when in Paris...

OK, after going to a pretty amazing museum on Charles de Gaulle that is only about a year old, I decided to go over to Notre Dame and the Latin Quarter. This area is one of my favorite in Paris. The lively nature of this ancient area is amazing. As I just walked through the gardens at Notre Dame and then through the narrow streets and alleys of the le quartier latin, I grew to become hungry and began to search for a restaurant that had a good tomato/mozzarella salad. What can I say, I was craving it! It really hit me just how international this city really is. Paris is the number 1 most visited city in the world for tourism so when you are around others, there are people from all walks of life speaking a variety of languages. However, in the Latin Quarter alone the number of restaurants is truly astounding. I ate Italian, had a small desert at a southern Tunisian bakery, and finished it off with a homemade gelato a little later after walking around at a small Italian gelateria. As I walked around to decide what I wanted though, I could have chosen Indian, Afghan, Greek, French specialties, Korean, Japanese, Ethiopian, Mexican, Spanish, and the list could go on. I think if I chose to live in Paris and eat at one of these restaurants each day, I would be unable to complete the task before I died. It is truly amazing though!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire